This noble chateau is located at the heart of a charming village within walking distance of restaurants, shops and a weekly market.
The property has been structurally renovated over recent years and enjoys splendid views across it's own park, bordered by the river Serein.
Authentic outbuildings include an independant "maison de maitre".
At the centre of an authentic village and situated in 5 ha of parkland bordered by the River Serein, this castle was built between 1787 and the end of the 18th century at the instigation of the Princess Charlotte of Nassau, grand-daughter of the French author and nobleman Louis de Mailly.
During the intervening centuries the castle underwent few modifications until the 1950’s when it was transformed into a children’s holiday center.
Today, the external appearance of the castle, with its newly renovated facade of creamy pink exposed stone and its large stone windows dressed with freshly painted shutters, exudes a sense of peaceful elegance.
Although the interiors have been partly modernized the distribution of the rooms and the 18th century ceilings and stucco decorations have been preserved.
The interior renovation work included the installation of a professional kitchen, re-wiring and re-plumbing, central heating and the addition of bathroom and toilet facilities.
The exterior renovations have included a total re-pointing of the facade, paintwork and restoration of the roof.
With it's 39 rooms and a surface area of 1,700 M² the castle spans four floors
with an attic. At present it comprises around fifteen bedrooms although with the myriad reception rooms, attics and outbuildings there are an infinite number of possibilities.
The two side wings could accommodate additional bedrooms, or even three or four flats.
The property has a multitude of outbuildings including an annex on the side of the river spanning approx. 1,200 m², a beautiful Louis XIII style building of approx. 1,000 m², a 300 m² caretaker’s lodge, a 120 m² pavilion.
This list is completed by a large 500 m² farm shed, stables. The total surface area is approx. 3,000 m².
The present owners, who are very much part of local village life, have welcomed family and friends over the last quarter of a century to share this bucolic lifestyle "au chateau".
For the castle's new owner there are many possibilities. It is the ideal place for the setting up of a hotel-restaurant, equestrian estate or a private medicalized residence. Due to excellent transport links and accessibility it would also make a luxurious Head Office for an international company.
The new owner would be completely free regarding the conversion of
the castle and the use of the outbuildings and the grounds, which could be extended through the purchase of additional land.
Access via the A6 motorway, exit Avallon, 215 km from Paris.
75 minutes from Dijon-Longvic airport by car and Geneva at 3 hours.
- Special class
- Extra info
- Grounds 1-5 HA
- 1,400 m²
- 50,000 m²
- Caretaker cottage